Crowdfunding works via online platforms where you can promote your project idea and acquire more financial means through donations from supporters and contributors.
Common types of crowdfunding
This type of crowdfunding is based on financial contributions and goodwill only, the donors won't get anything in return. (For example, raising money for abandoned children or homeless people in order to provide them with a warm meal, a hot shower, medical assistance and clean clothes.)
All supporters are "refunded" for their financial assistance through a "reward", usually the product or service itself or a token of gratitude. (For example, raising money for the publication of a project brochure and "rewarding" the contributors with one copy.)
Tips for a successful crowdfunding campaign
Before the launch of your campaign
- Tell your friends and families about your campaign in order to gain attention!
- Keep your project description short and simple! A quick and concise explanation makes it easier for others to spread your message.
- Make a video about your project! Dare to step in front of the camera and present your campaign – this helps you find more supporters.
- Photos! Photos! Photos! Generate more clicks through using pictures.
- Don’t aim too high! It makes donations more likely, if potential backers see that you have almost reached your crowdfunding goal.
- Be clear about your expenses.
- Think of special ways to reward your supporters – the more creative, the better! Limit these tokens of gratitude and make sure that they are unique!
Once you have launched your campaign
- The first days are crucial to a successful campaign! Encourage your friends and families to support you right from the start.
- Post your project on Facebook, Twitter, various blogs and don’t forget to link to other websites!
- Reach out to your friends via email!
- Send regular updates on your campaign: What’s new? How is the project developing? Thank your supporters!
Source: Starte dein Projekt (FLIP - Erste Financial Life Park): "12 Tipps für erfolgreiches Crowdfunding"
The following crowdfunding platforms could be suitable for your project.
Please note, that you have to check the (financial) conditions and guidelines as well as the legal regulations of your country beforehand in order to find out if these are compatibel with your invidual project context and idea. All information is provided without guarantee or liability on the part of aces.
Starte dein Projekt